Monday, May 31, 2010

The Canyon

I am at a loss for words to write. Somehow you've managed to take them from me. It hurts but nowhere near as much as the other things that you are trying to take from me. He says that you love him enough to want him to choose what he wants. I love him enough to want what's best for him. Isn't that the difference in being a friend and being a parent? That is the great canyon of difference between you and I.

And yet when all is said and done, I know that I'll be able to say that I always did my best and I never failed him. Can you? Don't answer...those are the questions that you can only answer honestly within yourself. And I'm not sure that you are even able to do that.

1 comment:

Gaile said...

GRRRR! This sounds like what I went through with my ex, in trying to co-parent my daughter. She is 20 years old now, and has not spoken to me in more than 2 years. But she still talks to her 'friend'/dad, whom I was unable to save her from. He has never ONCE had her best interest in mind. He couldn't.
:(
On a lighter note, I left you an award on my pregnancy blog, www.preggotimes.blogspot.com